Friday, April 01, 2005

The Rain in Spain

Actually, it's more like the rain in Australia, because that's ALL we've seen for the past few days as we headed south from Perth into the Margaret River region. It's pretty much been the worst weather we've had for the past 5 months. We waited it out by visiting the region's wineries, dairies, chocolate and coffee factories, with a few breweries thrown in for good measure. (It was the best kind of activity--lots of freebies!) So no complaints here--after all, what better activity for rainy, cold weather than driving around to a bunch of wineries? But no worries, we were responsible.

Some of our more concerned readers may be wondering how the 'sleeping in the car' arrangement held up. We are no longer exclusively calling Queeda our home, as we are now the proud owners of a $35 Australian-made tent. What it lacks in aesthetics it makes up for in functionality, because we've managed to stay dry. Today we are looking at beautiful blue skies and will be visiting a big tree along with doing some bushwalking through the area's famous forests of other big trees.

I'm writing this in a bit of a hurry because the internet places out in these country towns like to charge you a kidney (or two) if you stay on for too long, so my apologies for the poor syntax. I want to send a shout out to all of our commenters, especially my brother-in-law. You're right, Zach, I think I could save tons of money by living in the Suburban in your driveway, showering at your house or the gym. I also want to congratulate our fly-counting contest winner...Jennifer Srygley! Srygley must be well versed in my fly-like back moles (must have just finished some derm classes) to have guessed the correct number, which is 43. If you send in your address, you'll get a postcard (which will probably be lewd).

Take care all. Say a little prayer for the three of us (but especially Queeda).

5 Comments:

Blogger John Venable said...

Glad to see al Queeda has held up this long. I had doubts. Sounds like you continue to have a good time. Take care, Dad/John

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We too have had tons of rain here as well. Luckily the son has made its way out.
I head to NYC this week. Wish me and the team luck!!!
shipley

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote Mel imitating Charleton Heston, "The day is mine!" I remember the moles on your back with great fondness and I look forward to counting them in person. My address is 1454 Beacon St., Apt. 441 Brookline, MA 02446.
I went out last night, and for the first time in a long time busted out the 'ole shampoo move on the dance floor. Of course, I gave you the proper credit, MV. Glad to know you are staying dry.
Take care,
Srygley

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Long time no post. Good to see you have a variety of nuts under posting under aliases like "shipley," and "srygley." Speaking of which, I have also had rain, in fair San Francisco, although the weather seems to have taken a turn for the beautiful, and I don't see much more than a week or two of rain in the next 8 months of my life. Which brings me to my next point/question, regarding things is see in my life; specifically you two world travellers showing up, enlightened and encrusted with the inevitable filth of hard travel, on my doorstep some time in the next couple months. Talk to me, kiddies, because the life of Kolsky is a busy one, my friends. In other news, I will soon be starting a job as the marketing and sponsorship director for a San Francisco expansion team in the ABA (think arena football, only with basketball), and the Howes/Gaillard complex in NY has a meeting with a billionaire re: our script next week. PHEW. that's a lot of info. Now, I will browse the blog. However, you guys should email/post a response to me (I am kolsky@gmail.com) and give me something I can work with for your arrival, because I will be out of town a few times in the next couple months and wish to plan for maximum Mel/Bob exposure.
Yours Truly,
Matthew J. Kolsky, Esq.

4:53 PM  
Blogger MinorityLeader said...

hear ye, hear ye, let's name the tent! the fifteen year old tent (about the age of Queeda's offspring, maybe?) i lived in out west the summer after graduation was named Hilary. she was a gem though she did sometimes blow away into ravines. i think you should post a picture of the tent (a number of angles of course!) and let the suggestion of the names begin. the winner should receive a handsome reward, like some of that tasty Australian candy (my vote is for the Violet Crumbles)
toodles!
dilme

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home